Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yay for Thanksgiving and being with family! I always enjoy being with family, especially when I can get away from Utah and school. Anyway to catch up for the blog I was able to spend a little time with Brent and his family on Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. I had a lot of fun-especially seeing Twilight with Tami and the girls in her family! Then I flew to Long Beach where Grandma and Grandpa picked me up and took me to Inn'n'Out. Yummmmm... Then yesterday Jeff, Andrew and I spent the day at Knott's. It was so much fun! I had a blast! Today I just kind of relaxed. Greg and Ellen came down with her brother, and Uncle Jim Aunt Becky and their crew came (which was only Lauren and Elyse). Played winner, as usual I kind of got the dumpy prizes, but I always expect it so it was still fun. But that's about all the interesting stuff. I was really sad when there was no apple pie for thanksgiving. I love Apple pie, but there was only mince and pumpkin. Ew.
Wow...I just realized that this sounds like one of my journal entries. Plus everyone who reads this thing knows what happened. Whatever though-I spent the time to write it so I'm not deleting it.
So being as it's Thanksgiving day I know it's ritual for people to write down a million things that they are thankful for so here are mine:
I'm thankful for...
1. My family
2. An education (even though it seems like it's become a bit useless-history?! Seriously...what was I thinking?)
3. Friends
4. Health
5. A place to live (Fresno and Provo)
6. Food (gotta love it!--specifically cheeseballs and wheat thins, and chocolate covered raisins at the moment)
7. I got to come home! (I almost didn't)
8. A good job (even though I only have it for 3 more weeks)
9. A car (oh wait I don't have one)...
10. A sense of humor. Imagine if you didn't have one? My roommate Merica doesn't, the poor girl. Doesn't understand much...how sad.
11. My laptop
12. This may sound weird, but I'm grateful I don't have a gap anymore (It's almost been a year since my teeth have been fixed and I LOVE it!)
13. I'm thankful for the experiences that I've had in my life that have made me Me.
14. I'm thankful for Tomato and cheese sandwiches (those things get me through the semester! If I didn't have them I don't know where I'd be).
15. I'm thankful that I'm tall (relatively)-I was thinking about short people yesterday because at knott's I saw this short group of people and they were STRUGGLING keeping up with their tall friends. Poor shorties.
16. I'm thankful for the internet. (Sudoku, facebook and blog stalking!!!)
And 17. I'm thankful for the Gospel and the church. I don't know where I'd be without it in my life.
That's not all I'm thankful for, but if you couldn't tell my list just kept getting more and more random. My bad. I just started thinking about a ton of different things and I'd think yeah I AM grateful for that. Anyway I thought I'd stop while I was ahead. But here are my parting words to you all: HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Now...let's get down to business: CHRISTMAS!!!

4 comments:

Brent said...

So you're just throwing your roommates under the bus now, huh? Oh and if you're not satisfied with history, I'm sure BYU wouldn't care if you went back for a second degree. Maybe this time you should choose philosophy since that's obviously your favorite topic.

Melanie said...

Well I thought about putting down my roommates but I figured they can be counted under the friends part. And philosophy...hmm...I'll have to think about that one (oh wait, nope I don't think so).

Jeff Nef said...

seriously... #10 is the funniest

Greg said...

Yeah. BURN!