Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Frustrated

So if you couldn't tell, I'm a tad frustrated. School just bites, but that's not really the problem. One would think that since I grew up with four brothers that I would understand boys. Um...no, apparently not. Guys are extremely confusing! Well...at the moment, specifically one guy. I just don't understand him! He calls me up to hang out, he comes by my apartment to visit, we talk a lot on facebook, not to mention we flirt a lot when we hang out, and the signals (as far as I can tell) are there that he is interested in me and it drives me nuts. At times I get in this mode that I know we're just really good friends, then he does something really annoying like hold me when I'm cold outside (which is just awkward), or call me out of the blue and ask to hang out. And then when I start to think he's interested again, we're talking about hanging out the next weekend and he mentions he's going on another date. Seriously? wtf...
Anyway I just needed to get that out of my system. Oh and a little update on the sidewalk...it is officially open! No more trying to find "shortcuts" to class!

7 comments:

Jeff Nef said...

lay the smack down... cut off contact... make it clear that you're not into being just friends and hearing about other chicks, tell him to call his mom with that crap

Brent said...

Hahaha. Jeff is awesome.

Tami said...

yeah, good advice Jeff. if you are interested, then maybe playing a little hard to get might do him some good. don't let him think you're just at his beck and call.

i so don't miss dating.

Melanie said...

Yeah I need to learn to not always be available. I guess I just want to hang out with this guy when I can. If that makes sense. But don't worry, I'll try harder to not always be available. But Jeff there's no way I'm telling him that.

Brent said...

But what if he's a ninja and finds your blog... Maybe he'll get an anonymous email...

Melanie said...

That would be messed up Brent!

Jeff Nef said...

listening to a boy talk about dates with other girls puts you in the friend zone... if thats where you want to be then fine... don't say anything.