Saturday, December 6, 2008

Okay, okay

You guys are all right. I am wrong. He's retarded. But I'm not going to explain that statement. Let's just say he's messed with me too many times this week.

Anyway, other than that life's been going alright. I finished my last HUGE project of the semester and so all I really have to worry about now are finals which start in a week and a half! Crazy! Last finals of my college career! It is a scary and wonderful feeling which you all can understand I'm sure. Unfortunately I am still jobless and that sucks. I don't know what to do. Everyone that is hiring is only hiring for seasonal workers, so that bites. But I continue to look.

So I find it rather interesting that recently a lot of people have been talking to me about a mission. Why?! I don't really understand it. It's always really random, and they all think I would make a great missionary. They must not really know me. But today was just funny. This girl in my ward was talking to me and telling me this story how she was talking to her dad about her sister possibly going on a mission when her sister turned 21. Then she switched to how she immediately thought of me while talking to her dad. When she was done telling her story she asked what I thought about a mission, and if I would like to serve one when I turned 21. I was like, "uh...cool. Well...I've thought about missions a few times in the last couple years, but I'm not sure it's quite the thing for me. And I'm 22...not 19. I actually am graduating in two weeks" (she had thought I was 19). Her: "Oh well then this is a perfect time for you. You're single with no prospects, you don't have to worry about school and graduating later, you have a college degree which I think is a plus, and you can talk to pretty much anyone anytime." Me: "Oh...um...hmmm...wow. I guess you're right. I'll have to think about it. By the way, who decorated your apartment. It's really nice." Granted I didn't come up with the best way to change the subject, but luckily for me it worked. I really don't know why a lot of people have been feeling the need to tell me to go on a mission, or to consider it more, but I guess they must be listening to the spirit a lot better than me. Haha, just kidding (kind of).

2 comments:

Jeff Nef said...

can you take my last name off of the side on the link to my blog? that would be awesome. just put jeff.

Andrew said...

haha, thats comical. I don't care who you are, that is funny! I see her reasoning though. I think you'd be awesome at just about anything...but that may be a little biased.