Friday, November 7, 2008

Support Groups and Spaceships

Funnily enough I haven’t been bored that much in class lately. Therefore no new blogs for a few days. Nice. However at the same time not being bored means having work to do which means an unhappy and stressed Melanie. Wonderful.
Yeah my logic class is insane. When I got into this class I thought it was going to be more philosophy and thoughts and what not. Oh no…not true. It’s like mathematical equations of logic problems. It bites. I have to study a lot and I still don’t get it half of the time (and the midterm is next week…awesome).
Hey so a continuation on my story of my golden shoes. I mentioned to my friend at work a few days ago my embarrassing story of me jumping into that canal. Anyhow a few years ago he had been walking in the same place walking to church, when he saw some new tennis balls (and a lot of them) in the canal. He looked in, saw that it looked dry and jumped down. Oh nope-not dry! He sunk in about 6 or 7 inches and he was in his suit! Haha, it cracked me up. I wonder how many of us have jumped into the canal, because like my friend I realized when I got out that there were other spots where people had jumped in (which we hadn’t noticed before)-boy are we dumb! But there are others out there. I’m nearly tempted to start a facebook support group for those who’ve jumped in that canal.
So I was just thinking about last night. Today is my friend Scott Johnson’s birthday. Last night my roommate Liberty and I made him a present—a spaceship!!! Out of a large cardboard box. Seriously, it is amazing. We gave it to him and I think he might have thought we were strange but it is the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life. We had little pouches of candy (a morale booster, and brain food), and a lot of “buttons” telling what to do if having certain problems and what not. Anyway it was awesome (and so are Libby and I-haha). I wish I had taken pictures (but Scott did so maybe I’ll steal them and put it on here). It was spray painted gold, but we ran out so on the top we put aluminum foil and had flumes and whatnot sticking out. Oh boy…

6 comments:

Brent said...

I was just thinking about the logical calculus the other day. I really enjoyed that stuff (it was a part of our CS degree), and wish that we had to rush through it. Not that I'm going to go do some problems for fun, but I thought it was interesting.

Brent said...

...wish that we DIDN'T have to rush...

Melanie said...

Really? I guess you have a logical mind. I personally am losing mine (my mind that is). =)

Tami said...

man - i'd really like to see pictures of that spaceship. sounds pretty awesome. you should make the same thing for Jake and Danny for Christmas.

Melanie said...

Haha, that's a good idea. But I warn you, the spaceship really wasn't THAT cool. I thought it was neat but my friend Scott thought it was a little odd.

Tami said...

trust me - the boys would think it was REALLY cool.