Sunday, August 29, 2010

He's pretty cool

Because Tami requested it (and because I can't sleep) I decided I would share details about Brandon. I feel kind of like a little kid saying some of these things, but whatever. He's nice, I think he's cute (but some people don't), he's the same height as me (which kind of bothers me...and I think it may bother him to an extent - he hates it when I wear heels). I love that he listens to everything I say even if its weird. And when it IS weird and random he usually goes with it and never makes fun of me for my random thoughts (which pretty much everyone else does). He is so easy to talk to and we talk about everything (or so it seems). I'm really comfortable around him, and he's a lot of fun - although a bit of a nerd/dork. But in a good way. He often tells me I'm cute.

Anyway, Brandon is from Austin, Texas and he is majoring in molecular biology - he wants to be a doctor (possible a pediatrician) - he's way smart. He recently took the MCAT and is waiting to hear back from his scores (hopefully Tuesday). He enjoys reading, but not too much. He's a really outdoorsy type of guy - he's done a couple triathlons, enjoys fishing, some hunting and loves animals. He had about a million pets when he was getting older (which is weird to me - I don't really like animals all that much). I am 3 months older than him as well. Although I know it is stupid but being even a little older and the same height throws me off a bit.

Now to me being a jerk. I leave in a few days. We had been avoiding the issue which I am completely okay with, when tonight as we were taking a walk he randomly says during a quiet moment "I'm sorry if I've confused things for you." Me: "Oh I'm perpetually confused, nothing new there." I tried to give him an out of the conversation by making a joke, but he didn't take it. He continued on with it. It was a nice conversation - he basically said he wasn't sure what to think cause he had never liked someone so fast before. It threw him off. Which is funny, cause I'm super slow as well. Anyway he really likes me (his words), but didn't know what to do or think since I'm leaving. I don't know why he apologized. We didn't talk about me leaving, but I got the impression that he would like to further it somehow, but at the same time maybe not. I told him I liked him too (which I do), but I kept thinking that I doubt I'd date him if I were actually sticking around for the Fall. Andrew thinks it's because I'm terrified of commitment and if I can have some semblance of a relationship without having to deal with commitment I'm good. He may have something on that. And that is why I feel a bit like a jerk.

Oh and by the way I think I'm going to go private. Send me your email addresses (through facebook messages) and I'll put it down. I will be going private on Monday I think.

3 comments:

Tami said...

guess we should've checked google reader before we called and woke you up this morning. :) thanks for the details - this guy sounds totally promising - so much so that yeah, you MUST have issues!! listen to the twin. just go for it - maybe distance can work. anyways - i'm excited for you.
now - don't be weird and don't be a pansy! :)

Jeff Nef said...

yeah don't be a pansy. if you like him and he likes you, you should make things happen.

Ellen said...

as a poster child for long distance dating actually working out sometimes,I would say don't dismiss it too quickly. Just see what happens ...