Thursday, May 10, 2012

Just another month passing by

So in the past month I have only made one trip. I know, weird right? I drove to Sacramento (with Ashley's sister Brooke) to visit my brother and his wife Ashley. It was really fun! We traipsed around Old Town Sacramento and their Ikea, walked along the river, video taped ourselves doing stupid things and I was also able to hang out a couple of times with some guy friends of mine. A successful trip I would say.

 I then came home and had to get to work. This semester is coming to an end meaning it is time for the big projects -- cue frustration and faux cuss words. Just kidding (kind of). However, last week was spent getting ready for Stake Conference. It was my dad's first stake conference as stake president and we were having a general authority staying at our house for the weekend. Elder and Sister Choi (pronounced Che -- from South Korea) were the visitors. They were so fun to have around! They took us out for Korean (and if you know our family this was a BIG deal -- we aren't adventurous food eaters) and it was surprisingly delicious! We spent Friday just hanging out with them. I was asked by a friend how it was having them around and I immediately responded "Intimidating." But to expound on that, it's not that they were hard to talk to it's just that they have SO much faith and it just radiates from them. I was humbled to be able to chat with them, listen to them bear their testimonies and actually witness the strength of their testimonies in their lives. Saturday we were able to take Sister Choi to Sequoia National Park to see the Redwoods. That was perhaps the best reaction I have ever seen anyone have! She loved how MASSIVE these trees grew. She didn't believe us (before we got there) when we told her that the trees were bigger than our kitchen. Anyway, it was just a treat to be able to have them around for a couple of days. And Andrew and Ashley were able to visit for a day as well!

Now I'm ready for the semester to end and to go off to Utah for my internship. Although I still have yet to pick out a moving date.

2 comments:

Jeff Nef said...

prepare to be intimidated again in a few weeks. we'll be there the 31st.

gini said...

yay!!! can't wait until you come!!!