I got an archival internship in Salt Lake this summer. It's at the Utah State Archives. For those of you who are aware (or unaware) I initially wanted to be a high school librarian. Due to various thoughts/classes/annoyances I have changed my mind and decided to go into archival work. Kind of stupid of me to change my mind so late in the game (I only have a few classes left), but oh well...it works. I'm not exactly sure where I'll be living, but probably in Provo as my internship will only be two days a week. I will also be needing to get a part-time job. This summer looks to be pretty busy! Internship, two classes and a part-time job! I should have gone into a field that had paid internships. Whenever I talk to people just starting college I tell them not to go in history (or like majors) and then to not continue on getting a Master's that won't feed 'em either.
So this week I had the opportunity to substitute for my mom's University class. I thought I was going to be nervous, but I wasn't at all! I really enjoyed speaking with these Freshman, even though they were driving me nuts with their lack of discussion. In addition they are just lazy students (but that's kind of why they are in the class my mom teaches which basically instructs students how to be successful academically in college and such). However, it really was fun and maybe someday I'd like to teach in a University setting...ya never know. And maybe I just liked it cause I only did it for two days and didn't really have to prepare much. (And just a side note: when my mom went back to the class Friday she got the report on me from the class. They thought I was awesome :D ).
1 comment:
that's cool you got to sub!
Post a Comment