Friday, May 25, 2012

I'm kind of a big deal

So I've decided I need to write more on my blog.  I like to think I have funny/ridiculous stories that need to be shared here so I'll start.  (btw they will be lame stories, but I think they're funny and that's all that really matters ;)...right?)

Today I went a friend's wedding and reception.  I was excited to see friends I hadn't seen in a while and of course my friend (the bride) looked beautiful!  Anyway, it was your typical Mormon wedding, complete with the awkward bouquet toss.  I REALLY did not want to participate in this. In fact, I'm usually quite adept at getting out of them. Unfortunately I rallied and decided that if I HAD to do it I would stand in the very back and let the girls (who really did want to catch it) to go in the front and fight it out.  So there I was, minding my own business, watching the younger 20 somethings in front of me, and the several little girls (seriously they were ranging in age from 6-15 or so) getting psyched up.  Then all of a sudden my friend throws the bouquet as high and as far as possible...almost straight at me.  Almost because it was about to sail OVER my head.  Now how sad would that be if NO ONE caught it? Therefore I stuck my hand out and yanked it out of the sky.  Everyone was joking that my hand moved so fast as I caught it one handed, pulling it down and clutching it to my chest.  But I swear this was not what was going on. I was embarrassed, and the people who knew me were rooting for me and calling out "It's about time!" "Who's gonna be the lucky guy?"  and "Wait till I tell your parents! They'll be thrilled!"  (Me: head shaking and sighing)

So there you go...a story to entertain you.

3 comments: