Generally you know when you have been hired right? Well I'm not so sure, but I think I might have a job. I had a second interview last night for this court liaison position. The guy gave me his card after our interview and said if I ever needed his help concerning the job to give him a call, and then said that Julie (the lady I had my first interview with) would give me a call about the details of the job tomorrow (which is actually today). Anyway so I've been sitting next to my phone all morning long and I've got nothing, so I guess I'm just going to be doing more waiting. But let me tell you about this job I might have. Basically I'll be showing up to court to people that we would represent (court supportive services). You know those individuals who commit misdemeanors as a result of alcohol or drug addictions? Anyway these people are ordered by the court to go get help (often times through court supportive services here in Provo). I would show up to their hearings and tell the judge whether or not these people have been attending their classes and trying to get better. In addition I would be doing various researching, and secretarial stuff for Probation officers and what not. But that's the gist of it as far as I know. One of my friends was joking around and said, "oh so you're going to be a professional tattle tale." Which is so funny, and yet so true. Anyway I'm excited. What I thought was also interesting was that in both of my interviews the people started talking about hope, and how important it is to our society and to these people who want to get better (or are ordered to get better). Kind of intrigued me that when I just did a lesson on hope I've been finding it everywhere in my life.
...I have a job!!!! I start on Tuesday. Full-time. Awesome
3 comments:
Ya Hoo!! Congrats! That's gotta be a load off. Sounds like it will be interesting too. Maybe I'll have a baby on your first day to celebrate. :)
Congrats Mel. Any update on the situation we talked about Monday?
I'm not doing anything, I will not do anything. And I came to the realization that there are guys out there who do, or will like me for me. Why should I care to go after a guy who is not sure he likes me? (I found out later this week he couldn't decide whether he wanted to date me or not). I don't want to date anyone who isn't sure they like me enough you know? Anyway, I'll keep you updated.
Post a Comment