Friday, February 25, 2011

Oh well

So Atlanta was awesome! I had a great time hanging out with Jamie and Jeff, and the Delta interview was probably one of the funnest(?) interviews I've ever had. However I did not get the job. But after it was over I kind of realized I wouldn't. This may sound stupid, but I think a big reason was because I failed to get the memo about wearing a blazer...just about everyone was wearing one. Kind of weirded me out, but whatever. Anyway, Friday may have been the longest day of my life, but it was really good. Woke up 5:45 (2:45 California time), interview from 7:30 till about noonish. Hang out with Jeff and Jamie until they took me to the airport. Flight left at 5. Sat next to overweight woman who could not put down the armrest she was so big on the first flight, and next to a smelly indian man on the flight to Fresno. Wonderful...Was picked up by a friend where we went out to see Unknown (which is not very good btw). Finally to sleep at 12:45 (awake for over 22 hours!). Anyway it was a good day. Was going to head to California Saturday, but didn't until Sunday. Had a blast hanging out with my friend in L.A.

Now I'm back in Fresno and back to the grind. Kind of sad about not getting the job, but I honestly wasn't even sure if I would have been able to accept even if I was offered it because I wouldn't have known what to do about school. Training would have been in April and I hear it's intense and you probably can not do homework...so whatever. I also am really missing my old friends today. I miss having good friends just within a couple minutes. Granted I'm making friends in Fresno, but they aren't as cool as my friends in Utah (or New Mexico, or D.C.).

Anyway, there's the update, thought everyone should know how crazy my last week was.

...oh I also feel I should mention that over 100,000 people applied to Delta for a flight attendant position. Less than 3% got interviews and even less than that will even be hired. Crazy.

1 comment:

Jeff Nef said...

we had fun too... sorry you won't be coming back out for training.

pretty awesome that you were part of that 3%