Wednesday, July 7, 2010

School Sucks

Man getting your Master's really sucks. I work all day long, then get home exhausted and know I really should be doing homework, but when you have stupid projects that are confusing, broad and boring it is really hard to do so. And why is it that when I wasn't going to school I hardly ever got invited to do things, but when I'm taking a class every night I get invited to do stuff, but I CAN'T do it because of my stupid homework. Ugh...this week has been very trying as I have a paper due on Saturday morning that is worth 20% of my grade. And I don't understand the assignment. It is vague, difficult and extremely annoying.

Anyway, as for updates...I thought creepy guy was out of the picture as I had failed to respond to any of his texts. However today he texted me again and said, "Hello girl. How are you? Hope you will talk to me soon." Um...no. No way. Not ever. Don't you get a hint? Needless to say I didn't text him back. In addition, for those of you who heard about the drama this past weekend I'm done with it all. Jonathan was annoyingly good and I just couldn't handle the fact that he doesn't understand sarcasm or appreciate good jokes. And the fact that we are the same height (in this case, that is not "neat"). And as for Ben, we will continue to be good friends in the hopes that his roommates will not drive us nuts with their continual comments about how we should date. Boy was that annoying and made me quite self-conscious this past weekend.

Well I should probably get back to researching for this paper, but I have already been researching on it tonight for over 2 hours and I'm pooped. And I've gotten NO WHERE! Honestly this paper assignment is more for people who have been working in libraries for 10 years at least. Not for people who are in the first semester just starting to learn about libraries. And the encouraging thing when I spoke with mom?...Oh yeah all of the assignments will be like that (okay, thanks for the encouragement mom - really makes me want to continue on with this school business - oh wait...nope it doesn't).

2 comments:

Tami said...

ha - hang in there Melanie! we love you and think you are great. plus your posts always make me laugh. :)

Jeff Nef said...

"that is neat," that made me lol.