So I told Brent this story, but I felt it was too good to hold back, so here I am sharing it with you all instead of doing my homework.
This last Saturday I was hanging out with three of my guy friends (who all happen to have motorcycles by the way - in fact they live in a house with a ton of guys and about 7 of them have motorcycles - maybe more). Well we were planning on going to go see Iron Man 2 in the dollar theater - as it was new that weekend my friend Grant and I decided to go on his motorcycle to pick up tickets early. (By the way I LOVE riding on the back of motorcycles - way fun)
So in church the next day some people in my ward mentioned that they saw me riding on the back of a motorcycle. Apparently there were some people going on a group date from the ward and they all saw me "speeding off in the sunset with a guy on a motorcycle." Whatever. I told them all he was just a friend, but of course no one believed me.
That night I was hanging out with my friend Ben, and what better to do on a Sunday night than go on a motorcycle ride? So we go on a ride for almost an hour (by the way, it was AWESOME!), and as it's getting on in time I realize I should be getting back for Ward Prayer (I'm ward prayer coordinator and although my co-coordinator was conducting I still should be there to support). Anyway we're a few minutes late -ward prayer starts at 830, but we arrive about 840 - but it's okay since it usually starts about 10 or 15 minutes late - when everyone arrives. Well, we come roaring up, but he drops me off across the street in hopes that we won't attract too much attention - vain hope. According to some of my friends in the ward it looked like a movie. Their words: He comes thundering up in a motorcycle, I jump off and swing my long curly hair around and jog up to ward prayer while he looks after me, then proceeds to drive off into the distance.
Anyway when I get to the circle everyone in the ward is looking at me strangely. My co-coordinator just smiles and says "Wow, that was probably the best entrance ever!" And everyone in the ward proceeds to clap for me. It was pretty embarrassing - especially since so many people were yelling various things like "How many tattoos does he have?" "Oh wow, that must be getting serious if you're riding on the back of his motorcycle - when are you getting married?" And then from one guy "Oh dang, that's the second guy she's been on the back of a motorcycle with in two days!" I'm pretty sure at this point I was beet red, but eventually the ward got back on track and proceeded on with ward prayer.
While I was embarrassed I will admit this was awesome! And it definitely made me laugh - I've been told it added to my hot factor - which I think is ridiculous, but nice. It apparently also made me a bit unattainable as the word is I "will only date guys with motorcycles." I keep telling everyone they're just friends, but no one will listen to me...
2 comments:
try not to die!
funny story though.
makes me wanna go for a ride.
Post a Comment