Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Dad is the best! He can beat your dad any day (unless of course you are my sibling)

So I realize this is going up a bit late...and after Greg wrote a post on father's but I'm going to argue that in reality it was written first (I wrote about this in my journal during relief society this morning...yeah I wasn't paying attention-it was pretty bad. I am in the worst relief society i've ever been in...sadly that's saying something).

Anyway on to the real topic. I just wanted to note how much I love my dad. I may sound like a little kid when i say that he is the best #1 dad ever, but I believe it's true. When I told him that today he told me it wasn't true. I beg to differ. And here are just a few reasons why I love my dad:

1. He's funny, smart, sweet, and loving. (yes I realize there are more than one in #1)
2. He's a great listener
3. I love that he enjoys working and continually learning.
4. I love that he loves me (as weird as that sounds) and worries about us.
5. I love that he was often there for me as I grew up-making our breakfasts and lunches, and cookies!
6. When I was growing up I loved doing daddy-daughter activities--I remember going bowling, and I loved it when he took me to track meets or elsewhere and we would listen to classical music and pretend to be the conductors to the music.
7. I love chatting with him and knowing that he'll love me no matter what I say, and he'll encourage me in any endeavors I gab on about.
8. I love all that he has done and sacrificed for me (even though I'm sure I don't even realize the extent of it).

Anyway there is so much more that encapsulates the awesomeness of my dad, but I'm sure I'm embarrassing him by even writing this much. Sorry dad. But I love you and think you are the greatest!

2 comments:

Tami said...

we think he's the greatest too. i am stoked my kids have him for a grandpa. i'm pretty sure he is the equivalent to a super hero in their eyes. actually, I'm pretty sure he is in Brent's eyes too.

DrNef said...

Ok Melanie. I'm embarrassed. I certainly love you and have enjoyed watching you grow up!