Aside from the occasional boring nights and Sunday afternoons I've decided that I really do enjoy living alone. Here are some reasons why:
1. I get the fridge/freezer/cupboard space all to myself.
2. When I cook (which is a lot this summer) I don't have roommates being annoying about how dirty the kitchen gets, or how many dishes I use, or the fact that I'm taking up too much space. (Not that the kitchen gets dirty because I clean it right after I'm done--and I've always taken up too much space...sadly).
3. I can watch whatever I want. But generally I don't watch too much tv. Just the occasional tv show, and movie to keep me entertained.
4. I can put all of my stuff on the bathroom counter and not have anyone annoyed.
5. I can keep the strangest hours and not worry about what other people would think.
6. I can wear short shorts and tank tops 24/7 and "not worry about what other people would think."
7. I can do yoga and "not worry about what other people would think."
8. I can take super long showers or baths if I want
9. I can cook whatever I want and not worry if it smells strange and have roommates get annoyed about it
10. I can turn on or off the a/c at will and not have a silent battle of wills over it. (By the way I have yet to turn on the a/c this summer, and although it at times gets a little stuffy that is what fans are for)
11. I can seriously do whatever I want and "not worry about what other people think." (If you didn't catch that, it's a common theme in this entry).
I will admit though that I do wish I had someone around telling me if what I'm wearing looks stupid/cute/dumb/awkward/awesome. And it would be nice to have people to eat all the stuff I've been baking. But that is just a couple things in the face of the awesomeness of living alone. There's probably more that I could write about this topic, but I think that's about it for now. If I think of more I'll write 'em later.
3 comments:
Maybe you shouldn't be so worried about what other people think... I'm just saying.
I too enjoy living alone. It's my dirty little secret that I enjoy going on travel to finally get some time to myself, but I think that it would get old after awhile. I hope that you don't reach that point. If you do, ROAD TRIP to see us. We'll show you a rip roarin' good time down here.
me too, me too, I like living alone.
and i think a rip roarin' good time is what someone old would say.
Jeff you make me sad :(
Post a Comment