Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm going to complain for a moment here...

And if you have a problem with that then don't read this post. It's not for you.

Alright, I am Tired! Really really really tired. All the time. I have some serious bags under my eyes and have for almost 3 weeks now. People are often asking me these questions: 1. Did I get in a fight? No. 2. Am I getting enough sleep? Yes, I have been making a conscious effort to get 7-8 hours of sleep (during the school year and stuff I generally will get anywhere from 4-7 hours of sleep). 3. Am I on drugs? (I work with a lot of people who are and when they see me in court, or at work they ask me this). But no, I am not. 4. Am I drunk? (I'm tired and lately I've been having blonde moments quite a few times at work). But no, I am not. 5. Then what is wrong with you? I have absolutely no clue.

In addition to the baggy eyes, my skin is going to be the death of me. My face in particular is peeling off like nobody's business and at times my eyes are so dry they are getting chapped and cracking. Awesome. So basically I look like death walking. I have huge baggy dry and cracked eyes. I look great! (yes, note the sarcasm) Although I think the cracks are finally starting to heal.

So I feel like I have tried everything. I swear I have tried every lotion on the planet. I have been trying to eat a bit better the past two weeks, and I have even started taking vitamins daily. I feel like an old woman when I say this. In fact when I wake up in the morning I LOOK like an old woman. My roommates at first made fun of the fact that I have bags under my eyes, but now they think I need to go to the doctor. In fact one roommate decided to look up my symptoms online and tell me all the "cool" things that might be wrong with me. Highly unlikely that I am having kidney or liver failure, but she told me it was possible. What a nice, positive thing to tell someone...

Anyway there's more...not that you want to know this. But I did warn you. I have 3 canker sores in my mouth. Gross. I hate canker sores. I have two in normal spots in my mouth and one on the roof of my mouth. I have never even HEARD of anyone with a canker sore on the roof of their mouth. Luckily for me I think they are starting to get better-yay!

If you thought I was done, think again. I am having an emotional crisis at the moment. Which may also explain the bags under my eyes. Although I really don't see why my eyes are so crazy now, as opposed to when I have been under near-constant stress concerning school for the past 5 years, but whatever.

I think I'm done complaining. I'm really proud of you, if you ended up listening (reading) this entire post. If I had to read someone's post about their crappy life I would be like "suck it up loser" but I really wouldn't say that. And I am sucking it up...my life is sucking. Haha, just kidding (kind of)

5 comments:

Andrew said...

aww, sorry mel. I'll be sure to give you a big hug when i get there. (just promise not to look at me....sorry, bad joke at your expense, my bad.)

Greg said...

Mel,
We feel for you. Ellen can't even sleep these days. I fall asleep and wake up at 3 am and she's still awake. So at least you're sleeping. Eat lots of bananas and get some gatorade. Hope you feel better soon. Wish we could be there this weekend. Be grateful you aren't carrying around a baby in your baby in 100 degree heat. We love you.

Jeff Nef said...

are you working out? because if you're not, try that, it can actually give you more energy. if you are then sorry, do the bananas and gatorade thing, and then some peanut butter and honey sandwiches

Tami said...

oh man - i have a canker sore too and it SUCKS! so freaking annoying. and i'm sorry you're having a rough time - but can i tell you that your post made me laugh?... not because of your trauma, but because of how you write about it. you make it funny.

and what's with the emotional crisis? are you ok? can't wait to see you - and despite what you say - I'm sure you'll look cute. you always do!

Ellen said...

i heard drinking more water helps with bags under eyes... oh and benefit have this stuff called eyecon brightening eye cream, it's kinda pricey but it worked amazing on my eyes to reduce puffiness and lighten dark circles. (back when i had a well paid job and i could afford such luxuries!)

ps. i don't know what canker sores are- i'm british don't you know!