I know I'm being unreasonable but I Do Not Like the cleaning ladies who came to do our cleaning checks today. I woke up TWO hours early to clean the kitchen (after only 5 hours of sleep). Anyway I cleaned the floor on my hands and knees, washed every single surface in our kitchen, turned the dishwasher on, cleaned the oven and the stove and I FAILED! I failed! I don't know why they thought the floor was dirty because it was PRISTINE! (especially when you compare it to what it was before). Secondly they failed me on the dishes because I hadn't had time to take the dished out of the dishwasher-apparently it had to be empty. Thirdly, I failed the oven-I don't know why...
As I was typing this the door bell rang and my roommate told me it was for me. I just walked to the door and this older woman was there with her 8 year old grandson. She asks me, "Are you Melanie Nef?" Me: "Yes..." Lady: "I'm with Jehovah's witnesses and we got a referral card with your name and Address." She hands me the referral card Me: "oh really?...hmmm they spelled my name wrong" Lady: "Yes, I can see you are a little surprised. Sometimes people will send us referrals for individuals who really are not interested in hearing our message. But can I tell you a little bit about us?" Me: "Oh well I'm not very interested." Lady: "Oh that's okay, but I just want to let you know that we do have bible study if you're interested, or anything." Me: "Oh, thanks." Lady: "Well I'm sorry to bother you, but have a good day." Me: "Yeah, you too." Okay so that wasn't exactly word for word, but that was the gist of it. My roommates, meanwhile were cracking up in the back of our apartment. Now I am on the hunt for whoever put my name and Address in there. Who would know my address, but not know how to spell my name?
Okay, by the way thanks for the help on my talk. Oh wait...no help. Either way just FYI it's on 3 Nephi 11: 3-17. I still don't know what to do.
2 comments:
Ha- good point - who would know your address and spell your name wrong?? quite the mystery...
and sorry about the talk. i feel your pain. I had to give a big talk on Easter Sunday 2 years ago. pretty nerve wracking - it turned out fine though. you'll do great.
so, how did the talk go?
Post a Comment