Monday, October 27, 2008

Just my luck!

So I realize that it's stupid to write on here and not tell anyone about my blog, but I don't care. I just do it because I'm bored.

So today I was a complete and utter idiot. I was on my way to school this morning, running a tad late, when I decided to take a short cut. When I walk to school on mondays, wednesdays and fridays I go around the school to get to the RB rather than go up then down through campus. It seems easier, although longer. Anyway there are two sidewalks that cut through the back to where I needed to go, however one is officially closed and the other is more unofficially closed. The closed sidewalk is right next to the tennis courts, and south of the Smith Fieldhouse. The unofficially closed sidewalk is this brick sidewalk on the hill next to the aforementioned sidewalk.

I made a decision that it would be a lot faster if I cut through the unofficial sidewalk, even though for me this is a pretty rebelious act (pathetic isn't it?). As I was almost to the end of the sidewalk I realize there a ton of workers down the hill who can probably see me. I freak out and worry that I'm going to get in trouble so I try and find a way to keep going without being seen. Well next to this brick sidewalk is a ditch/canal sort of thing. I've walked in it before and I checked to make sure it was dry before I jumped in to walk the last twenty something feet. As I jump in, oh I realize that it really isn't dry. It's mud!!! And tricky mud at that. I sink in about 7 inches and then quickly pull myself back out of that mess. However my shoes got stuck...lovely. I tried pulling them out and then realized that they were a lost cause and just left them. Feeling extremely stupid, and embarassed (but glad no one was really around to see my moment of idiocy), I call my roommate and tell her I have an emergency and need to be picked up from school. I walked to where I was going to meet her barefoot, and by the time she picks me up have leaves stuck to my inch thick of mud on my jeans and feet. Lovely. Needless to say I went home, got cleaned up and decided that I wouldn't be attending my classes for rest of the day. I didn't want to push my luck.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

once, at SDSU, my flip flops broke half way through the day. greg wasn't going to pick me up till 9:40pm though and i, being a student, had no money to run to the store and buy some... so i went barefoot the whole day! went to all my classes barefoot, walked around campus, got lunch. yeah, i pretended that it was intentional and that i was some new age hippy, but secretly, i was dying inside.
probably got lots of diseases as a result!

love the blog, it makes me howl!