Saturday, October 25, 2008

I can't believe I'm finally doing this

It's funny. I'm starting a blog. I know a lot of people often say to themselves they would never start a blog. What's the point? I kind of feel the same way, except I've been getting rather bored lately and I thought, what a better way to spend time than to start one and express my own life and random thoughts? Plus I figure no one's going to read this anyway.
So just to start out (if in the future I'm wondering at where I was in life when I started this thing) I am in my second senior year BYU and am graduating this December. The last few months I've been freaking out in my head and wondering what i will be doing with my life. I'm graduating with a major in History and minor in Communications. Everyone is either continually telling me that gives me a lot job opportunities, or I'm screwed and good luck! I don't know what to do. Should I stay in Provo after I graduate and get a job here, or should I go home and try to get a job there? My first preference would be to stay in Utah and live in Provo because there are so many other people my age here and with the same beliefs. However I want to sell my contract to the place I'm staying at now because I have a couple roommates who are a little odd. But I also have some really awesome roommates who I love a ton!
That's my big concern for the moment. Other than that I don't worry too much about school, but I miss having a more social social life. Speaking of social lives it feels so weird to get on facebook and every week have a new friend of mine get engaged! I'm getting to the point where I have no more single friends left. This may sound weird but in a way I'm extremely jealous. They've found someone who loves them and wants to spend the rest of their lives with. At the same time I'm incredibly sad. We're at a point in our lives where we can do anything (it seems like). This last summer I had the time of my life traveling around for two months in England, Scotland, Wales and France. I saw some amazing stuff and can't wait to travel again (if possible).
For some odd reason this morning I am feeling rather blue. I can't seem to figure out why. I'm trying to change my life for the better-read my scriptures, pray more often, and have a better outlook on life. But it's funny when you haven't been doing this it is a lot harder than it seems to start up again. And yes perhaps I should be doing that rather than blog about it...well bite me! (just kidding)
Anyway I can't believe this is getting so long. I'm worried this might turn into an online journal and that would just be a little embarassing having my life on the internet for anyone to see. Haha...but on a serious note, how does one end a post?

2 comments:

Brent said...

Oh Melanie, why didn't you tell us you were starting a blog?

Melanie said...

Because it's kind of dumb.