Thursday, July 19, 2012

Good news!...kind of

So as you all know I'm interning at the State Archives in Salt Lake City. While I could do without the commute, I'm enjoying most of my time there. I generally spend time processing collections and creating finding aids, but I occasionally have the opportunity to do other things. Anyway one of the big wigs at the archives has his office right next to the cubicle I've been working in.  He thinks I should apply for a paid internship at the church archives and has spoken with his contacts there. As soon as there is an opening I will be advised and referred. ALSO I will be applying to another position elsewhere (although I'm unlikely to get it), but everyone at the archives has been super supportive and they all want me to use them as a reference. They love me...I'm pretty awesome if you weren't aware. So...good news, but not necessarily going to happen. I'm just happy that they like me!