Not that this matters to anyone else, but it has been 5 weeks since I last had a taste of sweet carbonated goodness that many call soda. I almost broke down tonight and had some...but I didn't. I want to go 6 weeks (until my birthday) before I get back into that habit.
What I'm really craving is chocolate, or something equally and satisfyingly fat enough. Alas I could not find anything that would do. The closest I got were m&ms (the plain boring ones, which were NOT going to cut it). I almost made cookies, but it was 10 o'clock and mom and dad would probably have been annoyed. This is why I enjoy living alone. I can make whatever I want, whenever I want and it bothers no one. Although I also have to foot the cost of whatever i make but that doesn't count in this discussion.
Anyway if you're wondering if there was a special reason I wanted chocolate the answer is no. Sorry if that disappointed you. Although I will admit I am frustrated with my own inability at figuring out my life, but what's new? I think I was craving chocolate because I was reading a book about death and zombies. What is the connection to chocolate you ask? Well if I have to die I want some sweet sugary goodness (ie chocolate, soda, etc). I got neither! So disappointing don't you think?
As if this post isn't random enough I want to express how excited I was today! I went to the civil war reenactment. I remember going when I was younger and being both excited/annoyed at being there. Yet as a history major I got all excited and goofy about going. I told ALL of my friends and tried talking everyone into going as well. Uneducated buffoons that they are, they all turned me down -- except for one kind soul. Although after a couple awkward moments I kind of wish I had gone alone. Then I could have really done what I wanted and not felt like I was dragging him everywhere. But anyway, it was fun! Some day I think it would be way cool to actually dress up and be a part of the action. (Yes I know I am a nerd) However those outfits looked really hot (as in they got warm, not as in they were cute). And it was dreadfully warm today as well. Not a good combo.
Oh my gosh, speaking of nerd...a friend in my ward was making fun of me for being excited to go to the civil war reenactment (aka CWR). I then asked her what she was doing this weekend: Going to the Lord of the Rings Concert (LRC). I immediately started laughing. Who was she to judge me on what was nerdy? We then decided to do a poll from everyone at FHE-- which is nerdier: going to the CWR or the LRC? Needless to say EVERYONE said LRC. She even later admitted to me (while she was at the concert) that it was a "total nerd fest." I win :D
And speaking of fest=festivities...my birthday is next week! I will be turning...24! (again...because I decided I don't want to be any older). Not sure what's going down next week but it would be cool to be able to spend another birthday with Andrew. However, with school (boo) this may not be plausible. Ugh and I have class on Saturday night...for THREE HOURS. What kind of teacher schedules class on the Saturday NIGHT before Halloween? Rude
ALSO (and yes I know this blog post is getting long, but I haven't written in FOREVER)...as an update: I am still looking for internships or jobs in the library field. If you hear of any please let me know. I've been applying for library assistant positions, but I feel that they are near impossible to get. Fresno was hiring 10 people to work in the county libraries and I was one of over 400 taking a test. The top ten or so got interviews/hired. Needless to say I wasn't one of them. You'd think I'd know more but apparently not. I've decided copyright law should NOT be on these tests. Anyway I'd love any advice, comments or encouragements in my search for figuring out my future. And I'll even let you make all of my decisions for me if you want (however I would have to approve of them before I carried them out).
2 comments:
I am impressed with you giving up Soda.... I should do that but it is my treat every night- a can of cream soda mmmmmm. I will look for jobs for you here in San Jose, that would be wonderful wouldn't it??!!!!! I would LOVE it!!
come to utah and live with me. we have an extra bedroom.
Post a Comment