Sunday, September 12, 2010

Not sure how I feel about this

So it amazes me how many people do not recognize who I am. I'm serious! People my age who I knew fairly well in high school, adults who have known me my whole life (but who granted haven't seen me in a few years), and friends of Andrew's who have seen me in the recent past. One lady, Sister VanNortwick for those of you who know her, didn't realize who I was for almost 15 minutes when I was at her house for a baby shower the other night. When she realized it she asked "When did you go Italian on me?!" (What?!...weird). Another person when I said hello to them responded, "oh my gosh! How are you? I haven't seen you in forever? How's your sister Erika doing?" Me: (feeling quite awkward) -- I don't have any sisters. I know you through Andrew Nef -- he's my twin brother, remember me? Person (who I'm friends with on facebook) responds: oh that's right...well I gotta go (and proceeds to leave the room...I think I may delete her from my friends)
There are other incidents but I won't relay them all on here. I just don't know what to think. At times I think it's kind of cool, at other times it really annoys me. Generally though I just go with it. I mean it has been a long time since I've spent some time here, but seriously?! I just feel awkward. Also I've taken to not even saying hi to people now since I figure they don't remember who I am. I personally don't even think I look that different. But whatev...

1 comment:

Katie said...

1. you totally gotta delete that stupid girl. whoever she is. ha ha ha
2. they're prob intimidated by you and by you not saying hi to them, they think you're a snot... just sayin ;)
3. i love you and miss you and went to the gym depressedly without you.
4. remember how i get that all the time?! maybe its just our extreme good looks and charm that ppl cant handle and therefore forget because they feel dumb and if they forget they'll stop feeling dumb. maybe.