Monday, June 14, 2010

Socializing

I think I should start socializing with people just so I have the opportunity to write something interesting on this blog. Actually while stating that I realized I really did get out of my apartment this weekend. On Friday I went to a party with a friend of mine. I didn’t know anyone (well actually I was surprised to learn that I actually did know a couple people – one being an ex-boyfriend’s younger brother…neat, and an old coworker). Anyway, I spent much of the time watching different people interact and in my head keeping a running tally – if that makes sense. Here are a few examples:

Couple #1: Girl and Guy chatting – actually every time I looked over I thought, well that guy must be bored out of his mind cause the girl was talking every time I looked over. And she was talking a mile a minute! She never gave the guy a chance to input anything! My thoughts: That can’t be going well – why is he putting up with all that insane chatter. It’s kind of annoying. Outcome: Apparently I was wrong, and he got her number

Couple #2: Girl and guy chatting – actually going on at the same time as couple #1 -- and pretty much the same situation. Girl talking about a lot of random stuff…but then going into complete silence hoping he’ll say something. When he wouldn’t she would start up again for a few minutes not even noticing that the guy was not interested at all! My thoughts: Oh boy, this can’t be good. Why are girls acting so dumb? If a guy isn’t conversing, nor even looking at who he is with, why can’t she get the hint? Anyway, he kept looking around him and the girl would not take a hint. At this point his roommates came up (they seemed to know the girl) and while having her distracted the guy literally ran out of the room – and actually out of the apartment (his apartment was hosting). I was there for another hour and he never came back while I was there. Burn. And yes – that girl did admit to me that she liked him and didn’t understand why he didn’t like her back –hm I wonder why…cause you can be annoying? And not engaging? (sorry if that sounds harsh)

Interesting that some guys (guy #1) like insane chatter, and others (guy #2) can’t seem to get away fast enough. Although I did notice that girl #1 was cuter than girl #2. Would that contribute to how much a guy would put up with?

Anyway other goings on around the party: Sly looks given to cute guys. Guys checking out girls as they come in, then pretending they didn’t notice when girls approach. My thoughts: Seriously – why is that? Is there some game that I don’t know about anymore? Where you can’t let the opposite sex know that you saw each other? Honestly? …weird.

No comments: