Friday, October 30, 2009

Goodbye 22

I know I'm not old, but I certainly am starting to feel it. I remember when I was in high school I thought 23 was so old. I didn't want to get married until I was at least 23 and when I told people that they were often surprised saying "you really want to be that old when you get married?" Now I'm 23 and no prospects in my way and I'm okay with that. While I feel old, I'm certainly not ready for marriage or serious relationships. But I've been told that's only because I haven't met the right person. Which reminds me, this is one of my new favorite songs.



Back to feeling old, my ward has a million young girls and boys. My roommate and I are both 23 and we are some of the oldest in the ward. (Granted I just turned 23 this morning, but whatev). In addition when people hear that I've graduated I'm pretty sure they tune out and stop paying attention to me. But that's okay. I do feel young at work. When people hear that I was a 22 year old program director they were like, "What?! Way to work that at your age." Yes I am pretty amazing.

Anyway it's my birthday and I'm so excited to have everyone around for it. To me that's the perfect birthday. I don't know when I've had a birthday and had my entire family around for it. Maybe when I was 8? 9? I don't know, but that's certainly a long time.

Oh and here's the shout out...HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!!! Here's to getting older.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

you can be old. but i'm not.