Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Weird

So I had attempted to write a blog post on my computer...complete and utter fail. It kind of went crazy on me about a month ago allowing me to do only so much. It's rather annoying, but I'm getting by. This post comes to you from my cell phone! Which is rather exciting cause it has also been going crazy. But usually for the six to eight hours after I've gone running. No idea why it does that.

So things in my life have been changing lately. I have a job! Woo hoo! I'm moving to salt lake Thursday/Friday (depending on the weather). Luckily I have an awesome friend who's allowing me to stay with her for about a week, allowing me a little time to find a place to live.

Okay I've been thinking about Fresno and what I'll be missing when I move. I'm surprised to say this but one of which is the most interesting singles ward I have ever been in...you know how they say airports are one of the greatest places to people watch? I'm pretty sure my ward is the second greatest...especially fast Sundays. Testimony meeting seems to bring out people's dirty little secrets. Which obviously become not so secret. Last month was a doozy! Several individuals (let's be honest...almost each person who went up) spoke about their personal struggles in great detail (I don't need to know about your former drug/alcohol/whatever habits and relapses). The last person took the cake. This guy stood up and started talking about how he used to worry about not getting married. He then mentioned how he met his girlfriend, her conversion to the gospel, and then pointed out all the engaged couples. Apparently he had just gone Christmas shopping the day before and he wanted his girlfriend to open her present (which was in his scripture case). He then proceeds to PROPOSE to his girlfriend! From the stand!!! I was dying! Couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry it was so awkward.

This last Sunday started so well. Then the last girl (who has been known to sing her testimony...yes sing) runs up (literally runs, worried that it would end soon...it should've). Anyway she spends the entire time praising this girl in our ward (who was leaving the next day for her mission). She even recited a poem written for and inspired by the girl. Again...I was dying! The problem with sitting on the stand in these situations is that I have a hard time keeping a straight face. I have to hide behind the organ. So hard not to laugh. It was like we were no longer the church of Jesus Christ, but the church of "girl's name." Oh boy...worst (well maybe the most entertaining) testimony meetings ever!

1 comment:

Tami said...

LOL. hahaha. seriously. you win. that ward is the crazy winner. good thing the church is true. ;)