Wednesday, January 30, 2013

So much snow...I'm over it.

Guys it's been snowing here for days!! I've never had to deal with so much snow. It ruins my commute. My heart starts beating like crazy. My fists clench the steering wheel and I silently beg in my head to make it to my destination without a hitch. On Sunday I was driving from salt lake to bountiful after going to church with a cousin. I got caught in a blizzard. What normally takes 20 minutes turned into an hour and a half! After slipping and sliding on roads I finally arrive at my aunt and uncle's house and think "whew I finally made it." Only to be shot down when I couldn't make it up the slippery steep hill. This leads me to leave my car at the bottom of the hill to pick it up the next day. Unfortunately (and yet fortunately) the snow plows came by...and BURIED my car! I have an awesome uncle with awesome friends who helped shovel my car out. I may have been an hour late to work, but luckily everyone else was having similar problems.

Speaking of work...some days I love love love it! Others I'm bored to tears! Don't ask me how this happens, I don't know. Maybe it's the collections I work with...in case you were wondering I mainly process and catalog manuscript and photo collections received by the church history library. This could include a variety of things and maybe some day I'll give you a better idea of what those things are. It takes too long to explain. I have a cubicle and I'm working on getting a window put in the wall of my cubicle. Don't think this will happen but if it does I'll have a pretty cool view of the temple. The picture I've included is the view I would have if my cubicle wall weren't in the way. One of these days I'm going to take a better picture and put it on Facebook.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

In my opinion snow is all about being visited and not lived in.

Beck Bee said...

ah you're so lucky to have that view (even if it's currently blocked). and send some snow our way...please :)

Tami said...

seriously so glad i don't live in utah right now. i hate driving in and dealing with snow. so scary and such a pain.