Saturday, January 28, 2012

What makes me happy

Homemade lemonade and popcorn! Yum!!! (I guess there are some good things about living at home)

Well the semester has finally started for me. I personally think that 6 weeks of vacation is a little much. However if I hadn't had it I wouldn't have been able to go to Washington D.C. Which was AWESOME!!!! I had a blast visiting my best friend, hanging out in Museums, and walking all over the dang place (it wasn't fun walking the first couple days...I was SO sore, but after a while it was no biggie). On this trip I made a few interesting discoveries: scones from Target are freaking delicious!; spies have bugs that are as thin as a piece of hair!; I know more people in D.C. than I thought I did; food in D.C. is delicious (I especially liked this pizza place Becky and I went to one day, so incredibly yummy!) oh and Serendipity in D.C. is just as cool as the one in Vegas. Now I only need to go to the New York one. Oh and I decided I would LOVE to intern in D.C. at the national archives or library of congress (unfortunately it is almost impossible to get internships at these places...sigh).


BTW, I had this strange dream that I wrote this awesome blog post and several people commented about how cool I am (even strangers). I was really sad to get on my blog this morning and find that it wasn't real. Ah well..

2 comments:

Greg said...

Melanie,
You're awesome. Totally cool that you wandered around D.C for a week. Ellen wishes she could've gone.

gini said...

YOU ARE SOOOOO COOL!!! I wish i was you.

I miss you so much. Come visit already. Come meet our baby (when he decides to come).
I'm glad you had fun in DC although I'm sad you didn't choose Utah for your vaca. Love you Nef.