Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Another Year Comes

I made a new years resolution for the first time in several years. I normally think to myself "what's the point of disappointing myself? I never accomplish my goals. If I give myself and others such a low standard of myself they (and myself) will always be pleased and happy with what I do accomplish." And this is true...honestly.

Anyway I decided that the year of 2012 will be a test of self control. I have decided that each month I will give up something (no it is not cumulative...that would be crazy. Although my mom thinks I'm crazy for doing this anyway...). Here are a few examples: January=no candy. February (I can eat candy!)=But no going out to eat. March=no cookies (I think this will be my hardest month...kill me). April=no soda. At some point I will also be going without ice cream, fried foods, etc. If you're wondering yes, there is a method to this madness. There was no way in heck I was about to go without candy in April (hello! can you say Easter candy?). Also in the hottest months I would never dream of giving up ice cream. That would be stupid. Basically I just want to see if I can do this, but don't be surprised if I fail. I mean how many people actually accomplish their New Years Goals? Also I currently have December blank. I was thinking about giving myself that month off...unless anyone has any good suggestions of other things I should give up? I ran out of ideas

No comments: