Seriously this is so hard. I'm thinking I will probably start eating breads again next week. It is so hard eating stupid salads. Salads aren't even that good. I really don't mind the sugar. I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would be. I think I'm going to go without sugar until March 26th or something. I don't know. Partly because I LOVE Easter candy and want to eat some so badly. Also Girl Scout cookies are coming soon! GSC's + Melanie = Happiness
Also one thing I am craving so badly which I told myself I wouldn't eat are things like pancakes, french toast...oh syrupy goodness.
I really don't know how people do this...
Oh by the way I've already lost quite a few pounds though since I started this. That is one good by product.
8 comments:
yeah, quitting stuff cold turkey is really hard and never lasts. it's not realistic to not eat any bread (or sugar for that matter). not to mention it will just make you obsess over wanting it. i try to let myself have the things i love but cut back on frequency and portions and look for better substitutes whenever you can. i feel your pain. i love food. and trying to lose weight sucks. but keep at it, i'm sure you are doing great. good luck! now if i could just keep my freakin fingers out of the peanut butter jar i'm sure i could lose at least five pounds. I'd like to lose about 6 pounds before i ever let myself get pregnant again. seems dumb, i know.
YOU CAN DO IT!!
Say it like from waterboy.
yeah... i think you know my position already. i wouldn't stop eating my favorites (candy), I would just work out harder or more, or both.
Hey Mel, Tami is right, don't disallow anything coz that's just too miserable! stuff that has helped me is switching to whole-grain/wheat breads, pastas etc, low-fat substitutes, low sodium, and kickboxing! if i want chips though, i'll eat chips, i've just learned not to eat the whole family sized bag!! you can do it!!
ps. hope your ear is better?
hope its not too miserable. love you even without the added sweeteners. ;)
So guys, I have lost 10 pounds so far! Awesome huh! As for the ear thing - had my third appointment and it still didn't work. Going for one last time in two weeks. SO frustrating!
But I'm eating more stuff, and working out more. Still not having sugar till March 26 or 27. Haven't decided yet.
yay 10 pounds is awesome!! i have hit a plateau right now and am getting FRUSTRATED!! probably not as frustrated as you and that ear thing though- bummer!
Post a Comment