Saturday, September 5, 2009

There are some strange people in the World

So last night I went to an institute dance at UVU because my roommate is on the dance committee. Anyway it was pretty fun-I enjoy dances. While I was talking to my roommate and a couple friends I ran into there, this guy walks up to me. First off, I don't mean to be mean, but this guy was a complete geek. He was probably about 6'5" wearing a Hawaiian shirt, and weird pants. He wasn't very attractive, and just exuded nerdiness. Anyway, he asks me my name and not responding with his name, when I asked, he grabs my hands and says "let's country dance." Now I have been once or twice country dancing, but I DO NOT know anything about it. And the song playing? Yeah, not a country dance song. It was one of those songs in between pop/rock and r&b where no one really knows how to dance to it. Anyway, he starts twirling me around, picking me up, and just throwing me around. It was so weird! I had no clue what to do, and I just kept saying, "stop! I don't know what I'm doing." He just kept laughing this crazy laugh, saying "you don't need to." Our dancing went on through two songs when he finally let me go. So strange...he kept following me around that night and talking to me. Once he said, "I'm sure you've never danced like that before." Me: "Oh, I can honestly say I haven't."

Oh boy...I want to give myself credit though, because I was pretty nice. I'd talk to him when he spoke to me, but I would nicely get myself out of the conversation and go dancing with my friends again.

No comments: