Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Apologies

It's been FOREVER since I updated my blog. Just an fyi I'm in Fresno for the time being (until I finish up the Master's in December --- 3 MONTHS!!!!!). Life isn't very exciting. I have few friends so I rarely socialize, and so I spend my time doing homework, running (yes I'm running again!) and reading. I didn't have a whole ton of time to read over the summer so now I'm catching up on a ton of series I'm in the middle of.

ALSO I am going without soda and candy until my birthday. Fingers crossed I can do it. Although I did cheat on the soda when my friend Gini came to visit. (side note: it was super fun to have her visit with her cute baby boy). Anyway we went to BJ's -- you HAVE to get their root beer when you go there. But it was just the one time cheat...I swear!

I know it's only been 3 weeks since I last traveled but I'm getting antsy again. I want to go somewhere. I will be visiting grandma in October though when she returns from her cruise. Not quite sure on the dates yet. I've got to get ahead in school first as well.

Oh yeah...I also got two new callings in church. FHE co-chair...and, well...um...ward organist. AGH!!! After 8 years of not playing the organ (and probably 6 years of only playing the piano about 2 or 3 times a year) I am now (kind of) consistently practicing. I played for the first time on Sunday and boy am I rusty! Apparently I'm the only person in my entire ward who can play the piano. Um...I'm sorry if I don't believe that! I think there are some sneaky individuals out there who are hiding. But honestly bravo to them -- I wish I could have hidden better.

3 comments:

Tami said...

glad for the update! that's kinda funny about the organ. i suck at piano these days too. and yeah it feels like it's been a long time since I've seen you. or your parents. i guess cuz i missed the baby blessing. i forget - who is grandma cruising with and where are they going? and so when are you coming here?? tell me. now.

Tami said...

and honestly - your kinda "boring" life right now sounds a little bit heavenly to me. ;)

Melanie said...

Tami it will probably be about October 16 (jake's bday!) or some time around then.